Friday, February 21, 2014

Fabulous February...

... at least so far!

A few weeks ago, I was able to get my first backcountry ski in.  Unfortunately, we made a wrong turn and ended up on a flat track... no elevation gain means nothing to ski down.  So, we hiked about 2 miles in with our skis, then turned around and followed our tracks out.  But, we still got some decent views and it is always good exercise.






We were so excited to have my family visit us this month.  My brother, his wife and their 2 kids came to visit. We absolutely LOVED having them here.  My only wish is that they could have stayed longer.

After picking them up from the airport, we started the long drive home in heavy rain/snow.  I know they were all exhausted from traveling all day, but everyone did great!  The kids adjusted really easily to the time difference and they were so easygoing the whole trip!

We had lots of snow for the kids (and adults) to play in! I think we got about a foot of snow at our house; more in the higher elevations.

We made the trip around the lake... played at a park in North Lake... went sledding... rode the gondola at Heavenly... skied at Heavenly (sort of)... and just spent lots of time together.







Cutest selfie I have EVER seen!!!  





Riding the gondola



It was so amazing to have them here!  PLEASE come back soon!!!  And bring Pa and JuJu with you!  :)  

Keeping with a FABULOUS February... we leave for Hawaii on Wednesday!  I'm a little bit excited!!!!  Stay tuned!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment