Sunday, November 23, 2014

No Snow November

This past week was my first full week as a physical therapist for Douglas County School District.  It was a good first week.  I cover all of the schools in the district (13 total) but I only have kids at 9 of the schools currently.  I have about 30 kids on my caseload and I will need to provide "make-up" services for kids who haven't been getting PT since the start of the year.  Plus, I have a big stack of referrals of new kiddos that need to be evaluated.  So, I will have PLENTY of work to do as I get started in this new job.  So far, I really like everyone I've met BUT I will really miss working with the same people on a regular basis.  I will be bouncing around between the different schools... kinda like I don't really "belong" anywhere.  However, once my schedule is set and I really start working with the kids, I think I will be happy.

Mike continues to be happy with his job.  He is enjoying his free time everyday and certainly makes the most of it (mountain biking).

In other news, Tahoe still has NO SNOW!  It hasn't been a great start to the snow season and the lake is insanely low!  Yesterday was windy and rainy as a cold front pushed in (unfortunately the moisture was ahead of the cold temps).  I'm seriously hoping that this winter is at least average in terms of snowfall.  We really need the precipitation and I would LOVE to know what a true winter is like in Tahoe!

Despite having NO SNOW... Mike and I went skiing today!  Most of the ski resorts have started making snow on a few runs.  We went to Heavenly today to ski the "white strip of death."  It's a super short run... it's the only run open... there were TONS of people out... the lift lines were long... and it was icy because of the rain yesterday.  Blah.  We met some friends on the gondola ride up which made it a little more fun but, overall it wasn't great skiing.  Oh well.

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, and having just been to Peru, I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life.  I feel so fortunate to be living this life.  I am so thankful for my amazing husband and our parents who are so supportive.  I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had. I'm grateful for my freedom and for those who sacrificed their lives for it (who I will never be able to thank). I'm grateful to have my health... and for a warm place to sleep each night... and for the food I eat each day.  Often I get very caught up in what I WANT (new ski boots... a new mountain bike... etc) that I forget that I already have so much MORE than I need.   I am sad that Mike and I won't be spending Thanksgiving with our families, but I hope they all know how thankful we are to have such wonderful people in our lives.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment