Thursday, December 17, 2015

My BEST Friends

Let me tell y'all about my best friends...

Well first, there's this guy:


And then... there's this guy:


I literally can not put in to words how much they both mean to me.  And the best part?  They love each other too!  Together, we are a family.  And that is amazing.

Tomorrow, Mike and I will have been married for 5 years.  We've been together for 15 years!  Let me tell you a little bit about him...

He is kind.  He is adventurous.  He is SO funny!  He cares about me.  A lot.  He motivates me.  He pushes me outside of my comfort zone sometimes and that's a wonderful place to live!  He supports me in everything I do.  He has a good heart.  He's strong.  He's incredibly patient (unless he's driving).  He has the strongest work ethic of anyone I've ever met.  He's amazingly handsome!  He's the best friend a girl could ever ask for.  And he's mine.

We've made the most incredible memories together in our 15 years together.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.  I get to spend the rest of my life with him. I jumped up and down on our wedding day as the preacher announced us as husband and wife and not a single thing would change if we got married today.  Mike, my life is so much better because you are in it.  I love you.
















Lately, my other best friend has been a little under the weather.  He's injured, and we aren't totally sure how or why.  The vet gave us some meds to try, but it's unclear right now if they'll help.  He's pitiful and it's breaking our hearts.  Please say a prayer for a full recovery.  We know he's getting older but we aren't ready to let go of him yet.  We want the last years of his life to be the BEST years of his life.  Let me tell you about this best friend of mine:

He's the most lovable, snuggable, 4-legged companion.  He had a rough start in life.  But, God put him in Mike's life and they both were healed.  He filled a spot in my husband's heart in a way that no human could.  He's faithful.  He loves unconditionally.  He's protective (especially of his momma).  He will MELT your heart with his puppy dog eyes.  He absolutely loves his orange ball above and beyond any other toy on the planet.  He's a SUPER picky eater (but he'll eat the molding from around a door if we leave him at home when we go out of town).  He's ours.  He will always be our "furst" baby.  And we love him (probably beyond what is normal between a pet and it's owners... whatever, no shame here).












WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS NOT MY BED????


The two of them have a ridiculously strong bond.  The three of us... we're a family. Thank you Mike for being the amazing person that you are.  And thank you for bringing Zater into our lives.  My life is immeasurably better with you two in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment