Sunday, April 24, 2016

Beautiful Springtime

In Tahoe... spring is pretty much a crapshoot in terms of weather.  This year has been right on par.

Just a few days ago it was 75 and sunny.  I wore a sleeveless shirt to work and got sunburned.  Today... it's snowing.  See what I'm saying?  Total crapshoot.

So this past week was busy.  Wednesday night we had Heavenly's Ski Patrol Party.  It was apparently also referred to as "prom" and the theme was simply: "Will Ferrell."  Classy prom theme, right? Some people dressed up... Anchorman... Ricky Bobby ("on fire" in his undies and a helmet)... etc.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), the only pictures I managed to take the whole night were of the sunset.




 Thursday was a super busy day for me... but one of those "work days" that I LOVE!  I got to accompany one of my kiddos on a field trip to tour the University of Nevada at Reno.  It was a beautiful campus and made me miss my college days. 

THE QUAD

BEAUTIFUL TREE LINED WALKWAY. 
 Friday morning, as I headed into work, I noticed the skies darkening over our house... a sure sign that a storm was coming.  

WE LIVE NEAR THE TOP OF THOSE MOUNTAINS
 And by the time I got home from work, our deck looked like this: 


 And Saturday morning the bluebird skies returned.  It was beautiful.  Definitely more like winter than spring, but still beautiful. 






 By Saturday afternoon most of the snow had melted.  And when I started writing this post, it looked like this outside...  

... and about 5 minutes later it was sunny again!  CRAZY weather.  

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment