Friday, November 24, 2017

Thankful for New Things

It's Black Friday.  Some of you may be out shopping for new things.  Me?  I'm blogging about all the things I'm STILL thankful for.  Thanksgiving was yesterday and it's an easy day to reflect on all that you have and all that you're grateful for.  But, Black Friday???  Well, that's pretty much the opposite. 

This year, we did Thanksgiving on Wednesday night.  We had some friends over.  I cooked a turkey and all the sides.  We drank.  We talked.  We ate.  It was lovely.  Mike had to work on Thanksgiving day and I woke up with a cold so I stayed home all day eating leftovers, relaxing, watching the parade, and leisurely putting up our Christmas tree.  It was really great.

So, my blog title is "Thankful for New Things" because lately we've been doing some new things around here. 

1) I tried a new coffee shop in the valley.  I met a friend who I haven't seen in a while and we were able to catch up over a unique, spicy mocha coffee. 



2) Mike and I built a new dining table which we were able to break in a little bit while my mom was here, but we REALLY broke it in on Thanksgiving. 



THE TOP IS ALL RECLAIMED CEDAR BOARDS. 

WE REFINISHED THE CHAIRS BUT THEY WERE FREE FROM A
RESTAURANT IN THE VILLAGE!  I LIKE FREE! 

3) We mountain biked a new trail to Angora Lakes.  And I liked it so much that I hiked it the following weekend with a friend and her pup. 

ANGORA LAKES





SNOW COVERED MT. TALLAC

REFLECTIONS IN FALLEN LEAF LAKE

LOOKING OUT TOWARD LAKE TAHOE

WHEN I HIKED IT WITH MY FRIEND, THERE WAS A LOT MORE
SNOW ON THE TRAIL AND THE LAKES WERE FROZEN. 
NO SWIMMING FOR THE PUPS. 

4) We got a new Christmas tree this year.  And... it's artificial.  I kinda can't believe it.  We've always had a real tree.  Always. 
But, our pup really likes this small fir tree in our back yard (he likes to chew on it's branches etc) so I took that as fair warning that if we brought a real tree into the house, it would be fair game for him to chew on.  
Plus, I started reading how bad real trees can be for your puppy!  They have toxins that can be really bad for the dog.  So... we bit the bullet and we're doin' the "fake" tree this year.  


It has been nice to explore new trails in this place that we love.  I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I'm always thankful for my friends and family.  I'm grateful for my home and job.  I'm thankful for this amazing place that we get to call home.  My list goes on and on.  I hope you all had a wonderful feast for Thanksgiving.  We hate that we missed spending Thanksgiving with family but, we love you all and we are incredibly blessed and thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment