Sunday, April 1, 2018

Because He Lives...

clothed with strength and dignity

It's Easter Sunday.  
Because I'm from the south, this day makes me think of Sunday dresses, Easter bunny baskets, bright white lilies, and a fancy Sunday lunch.  

Here, in Tahoe, we did none of those things.  

I barely own a dress anymore (our church allows you to wear jeans or whatever you want).  The Easter bunny forgot us again this year (that's ok, the day really isn't about him anyway).  We still have bright white snow, but definitely not any lilies!  And Mike and I probably aren't doing a big fancy lunch.  

And that is ok.  

Because we have found an amazing church in South Lake Tahoe and we attended the Good Friday service Friday night, and I attended the Easter service Saturday night.  And the pastor helped me realize that ANYTIME you celebrate the miracle of the resurrection is a good time!  

In both services, I cried.  

I've never really felt (like I felt it IN MY BONES) the weight/magnitude of Easter's meaning until this year.  

But, moving to Tahoe and getting so far away from my comfort zone has brought me closer to God than I ever imagined and for that, I will always be grateful!  

He is my hope. 

And because He lives.... I can face tomorrow. 

I sincerely hope that if you are reading this, you know and understand this kind of peace and hope for tomorrow.  And if you don't, but you would like to, let me know.  

Life is hard. Trials, fears, stress and worries come at us from every side…

No comments:

Post a Comment