Sunday, July 13, 2014

Being social.

This past week has been very productive.  Work days are always busy which seems to make the week go by very quickly.  This past week, I checked off another bucket list item by hosting a baby shower for my friend Ann.  It's the first time I've ever hosted a party on a Thursday night but I think it worked out well because a lot of people came!  It was so nice to have all the girls from work over and surprisingly we hardly talked about work!!!  I had so much fun planning it and decorating the house in all things pink/girly.

Friday night, we had some friends over for dinner.  Saturday night, we had some different friends over for dinner.  We were feeling very social.  I forgot how much I like having people over.  Sometimes I forget that I like being social!  I get so tired from my busy week that I usually want to come home... change into pjs... eat dinner... eat dessert... and go to bed.

Anyway, Saturday night after dinner, we went for a midnight paddle on the lake under the glow of the SUPER moon.  We met some friends at the beach and paddled out at midnight.  I attempted to take some pictures but they didn't turn out too well...


Lots of people are out in South Lake during a full moon.  It was awesome to see the silhouette of the mountains around us and the glow of the moon on the water.  You could even see the bottom of the lake through the crystal clear water.  We paddled along the shoreline, then laid on the boards to star gaze for a while before paddling back.  






Another item off the bucket list! 

Sunday morning we met a group of friends at Sand Harbor for a day on the beach and paddling the turquoise water.  The water was SO refreshing and it's the first time this summer that I've actually swam in the lake for more than just a quick dunk under the water.  

Sometimes, I can't believe we live here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment