Thursday, August 28, 2014

Busy... busy... busy...

I feel like ALL year long we've been anticipating this time of the year.  We knew we had a lot planned (trip to NC... friends visiting us in Tahoe... etc).  So, the past month and a half has been pretty busy.

After our friends left, we got back into a "somewhat normal" work routine for about a week.  Then, it was OFF to NC for my dear friend's wedding.  What a whirlwind trip.  I had 2 full days at home.  I spent Friday visiting with my "adopted grandmother" who I haven't seen in over 2 years.  Friday night, my parents and I enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL wedding of Katherine Phelps and Daniel Laymon.  I can't even explain how happy I was to be there.  The bride's family is like a second family to me.  After getting home late Friday night, I got up early (for me since I was still on West Coast time) Saturday morning to meet one of my closest friends for breakfast in Raleigh.  After catching up on life over bagels and coffee, I drove to my mother-in-laws house for a quick visit.  Then, headed back to my parents house to play with my adorable nephew and niece!!!  Just watching those kiddos play, and listening to their adorable conversations makes me SO happy!  I know I'm biased but I really think they're the cutest kids in the world.  After the kids went to bed, my brother and I sat on the floor all night building with Lego's.  Ahhhh...it brought back so many childhood memories in the beautiful home I grew up in.  

I flew back to Tahoe on Sunday, and rested up for the work week because I had a PT student starting an 8 week clinical internship with me on Tuesday.

NC will always be home!  But Tahoe is a pretty
awesome second home!  

Lake Tahoe and Donner Lake 

Yeah... I'd say we're in a drought.  

Finally, last weekend, we had no plans.  There was nothing we HAD to do.  That's a great feeling sometimes.  So, we decided to go camping out at Blue Lakes which is less than an hour from our house.  We packed up the paddleboards and all our camping gear Sunday morning and picked an awesome spot right by the lake.  We relaxed in the hammocks (lakeside of course) and paddled to the end of the lake where there are LOTS of big rock islands.  The rocks are especially exposed right now due to our severe drought.  We made turkey burgers and corn on the cob over the campfire and naturally we ate s'mores for dessert.  We discussed life as we sat by the campfire until the stars came out, then headed to bed (where our sweet old dog had put himself to bed hours before).

Corn on the cob over a campfire.  YUM! 

Even Z gets his own chair. 

Not a bad view from the campsite. 

Goodnight sun! 

Beautiful sunset over Lower Blue Lake. 

The temps are getting cooler.  Fall is arriving in Tahoe.
S'more by the campfire is an awesome end to summer. 



The next morning, I woke up feeling horrible.  Sore throat... kinda achy... just feeling crummy.  We decided to pack up and get breakfast in town instead of making oatmeal at the campsite.  After getting home, unpacking, cleaning, and showering, I was feeling a little better.  I drank 3 emergen-C packets (each with 1000mg of Vitamin C) and took some Zinc.  By the next morning, I was feeling alright!  Thanks goodness.  I don't have time for being sick.

On an unrelated note... in my last post, there was a video that was "private" and couldn't be viewed.  That video is now "published" and it's worth watching.

Well, that's the latest from Tahoe.  I've got about 8 more weeks of work before PERU!  Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment