Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Labor-some Labor Day

Happy Belated Labor Day!  Since Tahoe is a very popular tourist destination on Labor Day, Mike and I decided to keep things pretty low key and stay away from the lake that weekend.  The Thursday before the holiday weekend, we rode the Heavenly Gondola up to Tamarack Lodge.  They have lots of things to do up there: ziplining, ropes courses, a rock climbing wall, tubing for kiddos, etc.  We went with the intention of going ziplining (in order to check that off the bucket list) but, it's really expensive and it's a super short ride.  AND, technically I've been ziplining before, so I didn't feel like spending the money.  So, we changed our plans and chose to do a ropes course instead (mainly because it was free).

There was a 20 ft area, and a 40 ft area.  It was really fun BUT, I couldn't help but grip onto the ropes as tight as I possibly could and as I've mentioned before, I have very weak hands.  So, I didn't make it through the course because my hands were trembling with fatigue.  So, I won't be a ropes course guide when I grow up.  Oh well.  Mike rocked that course though and since I was on the ground, I could get some good shots of him in the course.

The view from the top just never gets old! 

The very expensive zipline in the background. 

The ropes course! 

Mike is WAY up there (in the black shirt). 

Makin' it look easy! 

 



 On Monday, I stayed home and cleaned house and worked on refinishing bedroom furniture. I got one more piece done!  Just gotta do the headboard/footboard of the bed and that will be one more thing off the bucket list!  It was nice to get a big piece done, but definitely is a BIG job!  

The only time we left the mountain all weekend, was to go down to Nevada Beach to watch the fireworks.  We have never watched the show from lake level until now.  It was pretty spectacular.  


It was windy.  And chilly.  




This weekend is also very mellow.  No big adventures.  We drove up to Northstar Resort today... rode the gondola  and ate some amazing fish tacos while watching all the downhill mountain bikers bomb down the hill.  Tomorrow (my day OFF), I have to go to a couple meetings at work followed by a hair appt, etc.  Just errands, etc.  Nothing too exciting and that makes me happy!  Work has been very exhausting lately and I feel like I don't have the energy to do anything outside of work. 

 I do have some exciting news.  Well, it's exciting for us (nope... not pregnant).  But, I'm not ready to share that news just yet.  So, you will just have to keep checking the blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment