Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015

Well, our 2015 is off to an amazing start. We spent New Year's Eve at our neighbors house. We stayed long enough to watch the ball drop in NYC (which actually happened 3 hours earlier... always a little disappointing and definitely a point for the East coast if anyone is keeping score).   Then we promptly walked home (uphill) in the cold, and hit the sack (because we feel old and it was a challenge to stay up 'till midnight). 

New Year's Day we each did our own thing. Mike had plans to go backcountry skiing with a friend and I made plans to meet up with a few different people at Heavenly. I had an awesome day of skiing, both by myself and with friends. Mike had a long climb and an excellent workout with great views. We were both successfully tired and happy at the end of the day. 

In fact, we had so much fun, we chose to do more skiing the next day!  We met up with some other neighbors on the slopes and took a few runs with them. 

So that brings us to Saturday... On a holiday weekend... In a tourist town. We chose NOT to go skiing for fear of crappy snow and a plethora of "tourons" (tourist +moron = touron).  So we went sledding instead. Yep... two 30ish year old children took our river-floating-tubes to the gas station for air and then went in search of an awesome sledding hill. We may have made a ramp area and we might have packed some snow on the sides so we could bank the turns. We had a blast. I'm so grateful to have a partner in this life who will act like a 5 year old with me sometimes!  It makes life fun! 

Saturday afternoon I joined some of my favorite Tahoe girls for some shopping and Greek food in Reno. I can not express how much I love being around these girls. My face was constantly red and my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. They are simply some of the best and I feel so lucky to have met them! 

This is normally where I would insert pictures from our adventures BUT I only took videos of the sledding...and they are awesome!  I can not post those videos at this time however because I am blogging from my phone (basically like writing the worlds longest text message) and unfortunately my phone won't allow me to upload videos?!?! 

 Why am I blogging from my phone?  

Because my husband is currently on a road trip to Wyoming in search of "fluffy fluff pow pow" and he took the laptop. 

Why don't I use his desktop?  

Well, I could but I'm lazy. And this way I get to blog from my cozy warm bed.  

So... you will have to contain your excitement for now and check back for the videos which I hope to post soon. 

In other news, having 2 weeks off from work for the holidays has been fantastic and simultaneously makes it very difficult to go back to work (which I have to do tomorrow morning... Which is also why I'm not in the car on my way to Wyoming with the boys). 

I've got some plans for 2015 in regards to finishing my "30 before 30" list. I'm officially over half way done with the list. I will post an update on that at some point.  

Right now though, it's time for bed and I will leave you with some inspiration from today's sermon (yep... as in church sermon... as in Blair and Mike have been trying to go to church sometimes).  Anyway... this life is temporary. We are all just passing through on our way to a better place. All the stress we put on ourselves is truly for nothing. All the possessions we want may not be necessary (you can't take it with you).  In the big picture, we really don't get much time here, so how are you going to spend it?  Put your hope in the future (the heavenly future) because that's when life truly begins!  

Happy 2015 to all and seriously, stay tuned for those sledding videos... they're good!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment