Sunday, January 11, 2015

As promised...

.... this blog begins with the sledding videos I talked about in the last post.  Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!  There's a chance that you might watch them and think... "yeah, that's not that funny."

 If that's true then, "you had to be there".  We had a blast!


HA!  Let's try that again... 



Much better.  Now... let's go at the same time (sort of). 


Mike: I've got an idea. 
Me: Oh yeah?  What is it?
Mike: You hold my feet and we'll go down together. 
Me: AWESOME!  Let's do it.  

You can't really tell in the video, but more body mass = faster sledding speeds!


As a side note: Zater hates it when we go tubing.  He barked.  A LOT.  And he nipped at us the whole way down.  He's not a fan.  But, running back and forth up the hill totally wore him out and he slept the rest of the day so I'd call that a success! 

Since the sledding/tubing adventure, we've had a few more adventures.

Mike's sister and her boyfriend came into town on Wednesday.  We really only saw them in the evenings but it was great to have dinner together and catch up.  They just spent several days driving across the country (which I'm super jealous of all the cool places they visited) and they now they are in Hawaii... their new permanent home.  I could not be more excited for them and all the adventures they are sure to have. We are also excited to have another reason to go back to Hawaii!!!!  

Yesterday we went backcountry skiing in North Lake.  We skinned up Castle Peak with a couple other friends. 

The boys. 

The 1 mountain in the distance getting ALL the sun!!!

Still beautiful.. even with all the clouds. 

Castle Peak in the background. 




Looking back toward Andesite Peak. 

The clouds are parting a little bit! 

Resting my weary feet while I wait on the SUN!
At the top, I don't think any of us (especially me) was excited about skiing down.  But, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The sun warmed the snow a little so the turns were decently soft. Once back at the truck, Mike and I ate our soggy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and then promptly decided to go to the Bridgetender restaurant in Tahoe City for waffle fries and beer!  Thanks SO much boys for letting this GIRL tag along!!!  

Saturday night I spent with my good old friends from Barton.  Oh, how I miss them!   They really might be the best group of people.  Ever.  We laughed... and ate... and they still include me in their outings even though I no longer work there and I can't tell you how awesome that is!  I still feel like part of their team (I just don't have to go to staff meetings anymore).  

Sunday morning Mike made this southern girl PROUD.  He made biscuits and gravy, hash browns, eggs and bacon for breakfast.  YUM!  Our delicious breakfast fueled us for a few turns at Heavenly with a dear friend of mine who I've never had the chance to ski with (until today of course).  After a couple hours of skiing we came home to clean and do laundry, etc.  Gotta get ready for another work week which should be a pretty exciting one!  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment