Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back in the Swing of Things...

Two weeks ago I went back to work... last week, the kids came back.  Whew.  It was a LONG week.  I'm so happy to have such a wonderful job and I love seeing those kiddos but the last 2 weeks have exhausted me.

So last weekend was very mellow and relaxing.  I think I stayed in pjs all day on Saturday.

This weekend, I had slightly more energy so Saturday we headed up to Northstar, a ski resort in North Lake Tahoe.  They have a huge mountain biking trail system and the best part is you don't have to ride uphill... they carry you and your bike up on the ski lifts and you get to ride down.

We had a great time despite not having the right equipment but it was INSANELY dusty.

I took this video of Mike riding down a small jump... it's not that impressive of a video but I thought I would post it so you can get an idea of the DUST!!! You can see it just floating through the air.




DUSTY PANTS

CHECK OUT THOSE SOCK LINES!   
 We stopped at the lodge for some amazing fish tacos for lunch... rode a few more laps, then headed home... but...

...on the way home Mike wanted to stop in Incline Village at this little ale house he had heard about.  Alibi Ale House in Incline Village is an awesome little place.  It will likely be a regular stop anytime we're in North Lake now.  They had a great little back yard area with live music.  They brew their own beer and they have several food trucks that regularly serve there.  Cool spot.

VERY REFRESHING AFTER A DUSTY BIKE RIDE. 
Today was relaxing.  We went to church and did some things around the house.  I went to a yoga class then met some friends at the park for some live music.  Great end to the weekend.  
LIVE MUSIC IN THE PARK. 
 I got home just in time to see the beautiful sky after the sunset. 


PICTURE DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE. 
Sorry for no post last weekend but it wouldn't have been a very exciting read.  
I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready for another week at work!  
Let's do this!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment