Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Cloudy Mind



Lately my mind has been a bit cloudy (or maybe it's smokey???).  We haven't been able to spend much time outside because of the suffocating smoke that is STILL filling the Tahoe basin.  It's blowing up from the Rim Fire near Yosemite National Park and just when we think it's clearing out... the winds push new smoke and ash into our area.  We are definitely getting some "cabin fever" and we are anxious to spend some time outside in FRESH mountain air.

In addition to the smoke driving me crazy, the house we are renting has been listed for sale.  There have been a couple of showings but fortunately for us, no offers yet.  We really like the house and we've made it into our home.  Part of me would like to buy the house but it's out of our budget and needs some work.  We are in a lease until December but if it sells, we will likely have to move out (unless someone buys it as an investment and wants long term tenants).  I've been stressing myself out over the unknown... will it sell?  will we be homeless?  will we be forced to move in December?  will there be a blizzard while we're moving?  will we find another house in the middle of winter?

I always do this... I put entirely too much stress and pressure on myself to answer all these questions when a problem arises... no matter how big or small the problem.  I'm learning to settle my crazy/smokey/cloudy mind and just live in the present but that is a constant battle for me. I am trying desperately to ALWAYS trust and have faith that the same God who put EVERYTHING in place for our move to Tahoe, will put everything in place this time too!  I'm on a personal mission to live whole-heartedly "in the moment" and to quit stressing over questions that I can't answer right now.  What will be... will be.  And I'm excited to see what is to come!  Maybe we'll find a lakefront mansion that rents for $100/month?  YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment