Monday, June 9, 2014

Getting a start on that bucket list...

This weekend's shenanigans included LOTS of paddleboarding.  On Sunday we met some friends at the beach with their daughter and 2 of her friends.  They wanted to try some paddleboarding so we took the boards out and took turns playing around.  It was pretty windy and the water was choppy but we had fun.  This friend of mine is a yoga instructor... who better to practice a head stand with??? Well, we attempted to do head stands on the paddle board (and we failed miserably).

Speaking of head stands, it's #23 on my bucket list.  I've been trying every day and I've gotten pretty good (on land) at kicking up to a head stand without needing the wall... although I've always been near a wall in case I kick too hard and go completely over.  So this morning, we met some friends for an early morning paddle and Lake Tahoe was glassy and calm.  Long story short... this happened...

Failed attempt #1 

Failed attempt #2 

Failed attempt #3 

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that little public display... we headed out.  Our friend Ann is 6 months pregnant and awesome at paddle boarding. 




The scenery was beautiful as always.  
You can still see the snow cross on Tallac and a hot air balloon!  


The weather was so beautiful and warm... and the lake was so calm... I got brave and attempted the head stand again...

this time on the board...


Here goes nothin'

YES!!!!!!  And I didn't even get wet this time!  
 I didn't hold it very long but IT COUNTS!!!  Thanks to my dear husband for being my photographer! 

Ok Mike, it's your turn...

He actually did pretty good considering he's never done one. 

We decided to make the most of a day with no wind so, we loaded up the boards and drove to the east shore.  The Nevada side of the lake is arguably my favorite side of the lake.  

The water felt a lot colder than the shallow water of South Lake.  But the color... oh. my. gosh.  There are no words to describe it.  









We packed a lunch... paddled to a beach... ate... swam (aka 1 quick dunk under the water for me)... floated on the water and ate cold watermelon... picked out houses and boats we would LOVE to own... and then paddled back.  






It was peaceful and calm.  Exactly the way I like it.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to like having 2 days off during the week.  Less crowds to deal with. 


It was an awesome weekend and I got to cross off one of the items on my bucket list.  A few of the other bucket list items are in progress.  I will try to take pictures as I complete all of them so stay tuned.


1 comment: