Monday, September 22, 2014

Latest Stats from Tahoe

1). I have exactly 40 days until PERU!!!

2). The King Fire is now at 87,592 acres and only 18% contained. We aren't in any immediate danger.  The fire is West of us and moving North.  However, the smoke is filling the basin and ruining any outside plans we may have had.  Also, if you East coasters don't know... this fire was intentionally started by 1 lame guy who is now in jail with a 10 million dollar bail.  He's a big ol' loser!

3).  The HIGH on Friday is 54 degrees.  Brrrrr.

4).  There is a "slight chance" of snow in the higher elevations at the end of the week.

Well, that's all the numbers I know right now.  In other news, I'm ready to announce that I am leaving Barton Memorial Hospital where I have worked for the last 2 years.  I have taken a job with Douglas County School System and I'll be starting there when I return from Peru.   I will REALLY miss Barton.  It's been a fantastic job but I love pediatrics and I just don't get enough pediatric patients at the hospital.  So, I'm taking a risk... leaving my comfortable job that I am happy at... and following this new path put before me.

I will miss every. single. person. that I work with at Barton.  They are the BEST group of people and I have made lifelong friendships while being there.  I can't even thank them enough for being supportive of me in this new adventure.

And... tomorrow is the first official day of FALL and that makes me VERY HAPPY!!!! Missin' all you east coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment