Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Home Sweet Home

I'm equally split down the middle in regards to what feels like "home" to me right now.  I must say: North Carolina will always be home!  More specifically, my lovely small town of Wendell will always be the place I refer to as "where I'm from."  But, I have to give Tahoe some credit too!  The Sierra's welcomed us and made us feel comfortable immediately.  As much as I LOVED visiting NC recently, I also really LOVED coming back to Tahoe.

Since it's been a while since I've posted (again)... here's a glimpse at what life was like in Tahoe a few weeks ago.


 Mike and I went mountain biking (actually, he went mountain biking... I felt like I just took my bike on a nice long hike) up Cold Creek Trail.  It ends at an awesome meadow with a beautiful creek running through it and snow dusted mountains all around it.  

It's not a super easy trail.  There are some difficult sections.  So, we made a day of it and packed our hammocks and some sandwiches.  It was a pretty nice nap.  

Our modes of relaxation and our modes of transportation. 

I do NOT hate it here.  
 It's amazing that the trails are almost completely snow free.  We should still be skiing!  But, it's been an awful winter here this year.  Here's a look at Stagecoach run at Heavenly Ski Resort... 


... that's a lot of dirt mixed in with that snow.  And see that brown patch in the upper/middle part of the trail?  That's ALL dirt.  So sad. 

The past week we spent in North Carolina.  It was nice to be home and especially nice to see our families over Easter!  I miss spending holidays with my family for sure.  Mike and I packed our clothes for church and I was excited revisit my little old church... the place where Mike and I were married.  

But, my nephew and niece convinced us to skip church... on Easter... and just stay home and play.  I'm so glad we did.  I had the best time just playing with them.  I got to go for a run with my brother and sister-in-law who I never get to see and spend time with.  It was awesome!  It really couldn't have been a better day.  We had lunch and played outside.  Absolutely perfect.  I miss them SO much.  I desperately wish we lived closer.  They are growing WAY too fast and I feel like they are at such a fun age right now.  




Later that day Mike and I headed to good ol' Whitsett, NC to check on our townhouse.  We were SO pleasantly surprised to see that our previous tenants left the place SPOTLESS!  They were awesome and we will miss them as renters but, we wish them well in their future adventures.  

We spent a couple of days doing some maintenance things around the house and showing it to a few prospective tenants.  We saw several friends while we were there and in a lot of ways, it was really nice to be "home" again.  We had great friends who cooked us a WONDERFUL dinner so we didn't have to eat out every single meal.  We sat around the fire pit and caught up on each other's lives.  

Speaking of eating out... we ate a LOT of fast food that week!  Welcome back to North Carolina, the land of deliciously fried food.  It's nice to be back in Tahoe if for no other reason than we are at our home where our pots and pans are and where we can cook ourselves some healthy meals!

Anyway, we realized during the week that everyone who was interested in the house did not want it furnished... and we had left behind some of our furniture for our previous tenants to rent.  So, we decided to put it on Craigslist and Mike also posted it to the Alamance County Garage Sale group on facebook.  I was nervous we wouldn't be able to sell it all.  

Here's what we had to get rid of:



... and we had a full set of patio furniture to get rid of.  
We sold ALL of it in less than 2 hours!  And the people who bought it came and picked it all up!  It was amazing!  Whew... that's one less stress!

We did attempt a day trip to the beach but that didn't go as planned.  Oh well.  Next time! 

We had a wonderful time at home. We spent the last part of the week visiting Mike's family and catching up.   We visited LOTS of friends and family in the short week but, we still didn't get to see everyone.  I'm sorry if we missed you this time, but we hope to see some of you next time!  Until then, come visit us in Tahoe!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment