Sunday, April 26, 2015

Seriously? It's almost May!

And now it starts snowing?  What?  Where was this a few months ago?

Ok, I will hush now because we desperately needed this snow storm.  And, we need about 10 more just like it to come through and fill our lakes and reservoirs.  I'm pretty sure that won't happen though.

Saturday morning I was woken up by the sound of banging coming from our basement.  I rolled over to wake Mike up and realized he wasn't there.  A few more loud bangs and I realized he was downstairs getting his skis out of storage... stripping the thick coat of wax off... the same wax he just put on because we thought winter was over.

We have 2 entrances to our basement.  One from inside the house: you have to drop a set of attic steps and climb down a ladder (not the easiest route).  A there's an entrance from outside.  The racket that woke me up that morning was because Mike was choosing route #1... to enter the basement from inside.  I couldn't figure out why he chose this option, compared to the easier option of just going outside, until I got out of bed and opened the bedroom curtains.  There was a solid 10 inches of snow on the ground... maybe close to a foot in some areas.

He headed off to ski and I stayed home and relaxed.  I did yoga.  I read.  I worked out.  I went for a walk.  I ran a few errands.  I basically did whatever I wanted.  It was nice.  And even though it's almost May and I'm more excited about mountain biking and paddleboarding than skiing right now, it was actually pretty nice to see the snow falling.

WHAT'S BETTER THAN YOGA ON A DAY LIKE THIS?



ZATER - DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST!







LIKE A KID ON A SNOW DAY!  HE JUST RAN BACK AND FORTH.

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LAKE... EVEN WHEN IT'S CLOUDY. 




STILL SNOWING OVER THERE

STILL SNOWING OVER THERE TOO 






I really shouldn't be surprised to have a snowstorm in April.  Even last year we got almost 8 inches in one storm in May.  To my fellow North Carolinian's, you aren't the only ones with crazy weather.  Even out here we use the heat in the mornings and the AC in the afternoons (in the car... we don't have AC in our house... we don't need it... it's too nice).  

Tomorrow the weather should turn warm again.  Most of our snow is already gone.  What's left will be gone after tomorrow.  It was nice to see it, and I would love to see more of it actually. 

 Next weekend we are hoping to have some camping and mountain biking adventures so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment