Saturday, March 23, 2019

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...

... it's back to work I go!  I really can't believe my maternity leave is coming to an end.  That was easily the FASTEST 8 weeks of my life!  I'm so grateful to have had that bonding time with our baby. 

I have really mixed feelings about going back to work.  Part of me isn't ready and wants to stay home with Clayton forever.  But there is a part of me that's excited to get back to work... to see my co-workers... to see my sweet kiddos that I work with... to get back to a sense of my "normal" life before baby!  The best part is that I'm going back part time (just 3 days a week) for the first month.  So, I will be able to ease into the work/mom life balance.  I am so grateful for this flexibility. 

This will be another big transition for us, just like bringing home baby, and just like when Mike went back to work.  We are praying that it goes smoothly. 

I've had so much fun being home with Clayton.  I love all the sweet little moments throughout the day when he flashes a big, gummy grin.  He's so close to giggling and it makes me sad to think that I might miss out on those firsts because I'm at work.  But, we need my income in addition to Mike's and I like contributing to our family.  See?  Mixed feelings. 

Mike and I have staggered work schedules so while it's very unfortunate that we won't have a day off together for the next 3 weeks, it does mean that we get to be the ones taking care of our son the majority of the week.  I will be home with him Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.  Mike will be with him Tuesday and Wednesday.  And we have a friend who will come to the house to watch him on Fridays. 

In 3 weeks we fly to North Carolina to visit with family and when we come back, Mike has the opportunity to take his paternity leave for 6 weeks - so then he will get some good father/son bonding time with Clayton by being home with him every day.  Our plans for childcare next year may look a bit different (still to be determined) but at least we are able to be with him through the remainder of this school year. 

Well, I know you all read this blog for the pictures so let's get to it:

SO HAPPY

AFTER FEEDING SMILE...
TOTALLY MILK DRUNK

EVERYDAY WE HAVE FLOOR TIME WITH BROTHER ZEPHYR


STORYTIME

I MEAN, SERIOUSLY!  HOW CUTE ARE THEY? 

THAT IS LOVE. 


WE WENT FOR A WALK IN GENOA. 
IT WAS 60+ DEGREES! 
MOM WORE A T-SHIRT AND HER ARMS GOT
SUNBURNED!!!  AFTER SUCH A COLD AND
SNOWY WINTER, IT WAS AWESOME! 



ZEPHYR IS ALWAYS SNEAKING KISSES

I LOVE A SLEEPING BABY

DID Y'ALL THINK I WAS KIDDING???
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
WE DO FLOOR TIME MULTIPLE TIMES
A DAY AND ZEPHYR
LOVES TO JOIN IN! 




THIS IS ONE OF MIKE'S OUTFITS WHEN HE WAS
A BABY!  

ROCKIN' DADDY'S OUTFIT FROM THE 80'S! 


We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we transition into a new routine this week!  And stay tuned for more updates on the adventures of Clayton and Zephyr (maybe that should be the blog's new title???). 

No comments:

Post a Comment