Saturday, March 30, 2019

Return to Work

Well, I did it.  I survived my first week back at work!  It helped drastically that I only worked 3 days.  That was necessary for our schedule but I didn't realize how necessary it would be for my sanity!  Returning to work was kind of exciting for me.  I enjoyed the adult conversation and lets be honest, pretty much all I did was talk about and show pictures of my sweet baby boy! 

It was so comforting to know that while I was working, he was home with dad or a trusted friend.  I knew he was in great hands and not having to worry about him allowed me to focus better on work. 

As soon as I walked in the door on Tuesday (my first day back), I took that baby in my arms and pretty much held him until bedtime.  I was trying desperately to make up for all the time I missed that day.  Luckily Dad didn't mind passing him off. 

Wednesday, I realized I hit the husband jackpot (I've actually known this for a while but this day just confirmed it)!  I came home to a happy baby and a clean house (including 6 loads of laundry done).  I praised his over achievement and thanked God for my blessings that night! 

Thursday was my day to spend with baby and then all I had to do was get through Friday!  Friday we had a sitter since Mike and I both work.  She's a dear friend who we trust wholeheartedly and we're happy she's part of our "village."  Ya know, the village it takes to raise a child? 

Admittedly, I felt so busy this week with the transition back to work that I really didn't take many pictures at all. Nevertheless, here's what I did take:

WE SPEND MANY EVENINGS (DURING THE
"WITCHING HOUR" WHICH IS BASICALLY DINNER
TIME) IN THE CARRIER. 
IT GIVES HIM A NICE NAP AND FREES OUR
HANDS FOR DINNER PREP, ETC. 

POST MILK COMA - I HATE TO WAKE HIM! 

SOMEONE IS GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO
ROLLING OVER! 

HE IS FINALLY ABLE TO REACH HIS TOYS
ON HIS BOUNCER SEAT! 
HE GRABBED THIS ONE (WHICH PLAYS MUSIC)
AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO LET GO! 
We feel so fortunate that we can both be working parents, and still both be there for our baby.  The first week seemed to go pretty smoothly, lets hope that continues! 

In other news, we fly to NC in TWO weeks!  Yikes!  I've been doing LOTS of research to prep for flying with an infant. Start praying for smooth travels now, please!  And thank you!  Also, stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment